New Home With Pool, Chemistry Problems

Hello all, new to the forum, also a new pool owner. I have never had a pool and bought a house that has a salt water pool. We have only owned it for 4 days and decided to check on thepool. It seems there was some mismanagement by the prior owner. I will give you rundown of the equipment and the chemistry. I am having all sorts of issues.

Pool is:

30000 gallon

Gunite

Saltwater chemistry

Water is pretty clear

Chemistry as tested at Leslie's:

FAC 0

TAC 0

Salt 600 ppm

CH 90 ppm

CYA 0

TA 80

pH 8

Iron and Copper are both 0

Phosphates is 300 ppb

Now for the equipment issues:

Aquapure 1400 throws the following service codes

144 - low salinity (seems obvious given the low salt level)

172 - Flow Sensor Service

186 - Flow Salinity Sensor/temperature probe error

I guess my main question is, could the lack of salt be the reason for all of the codes. My thinking is the sensors require higher salinity to function properly. It has no chlorine, so I am going to throw some acid to bring pH down and shock to get some chlorine in there.

Thanks in advance for helping the new guy out.

Yes, the low salt is the primary problem. The saltwater chlorine generator needs around 3000 ppm salt to function properly. It's not just the sensors -- it's the operation of the chlorine generation since it needs high enough chloride levels and conductivity to generate chlorine.

• 1 month later...

Chem Geek is right! That will be low salt problem, which is a common problem with all pools. But we can resolve it properly with the help of pool cleaning and repair services.