What Happened To Bromine For Beginners?

grahammtbr

A couple of months ago I stumbled across the Bromine for Beginners thread, which looked far simpler and cheaper than the instructions I have with the hot tub that came with our new house. I've come back here looking for it, but it seems to be gone! I know I'm on the right forums, as there's mention of it in many threads. I'm I blind, or is the thread really gone?

• 8 months later...

Not sure what happened to many of my posts. I am still listed as a moderator here but it seem the board is under some sort of new management since there are board admin that I do not know and they seem to have removed several of my posts. I also no longer have the ability to stick a post at the top of the forum. This is why I have not been around much lately. I also noticed that they now have a sponsored water chemisty section on the intro page so that might have something to do with it.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Waterbear. 

I'm new here.  I was searching online for info on cleaning a hot tub and lines with vinegar.  I was searching for info- since vinegar is acidic, do you maintain water chemistry when doing this 3 week vinegar cleanse?  Then I stumbled onto this forum, and initially became very confused.  I have been trying to locate your 2 and 3 step bromin process, and to understand the spa water chemistry better.  I have experienced some water conditions listed throughout the forum in my spa and inground pool at one time or another.  Could you direct me to where I can locate this information, as well as decontaminating my hot tub.  I recently purchased this house, and the tub was included in the sale.  Thank you!