Swim Spa Vs Hot Tub Temperatures

I had been thinking about purchasing a hot tub for about 3 weeks, but then I saw a oversized hot tub called a exercise pool. VERY COOL! Much bigger and they seem to have some awesome features. Plus I could stop going to the gym to work out. Might seem like a stupid question, but can you turn up the water temperature to be similar to a hot tub if you want the therapeutic benefits instead o swimming laps. Might be the best of both worlds.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 17' swim spa and yes you can heat it to the temperature of a hot tub. However, if you want to use it for exercise or swimming, you won't want it that hot. Also, my spa takes an hour for increase the temperature just one degree, so you can't go back and forth between two different temperatures very easily. I live in Kansas and right now i have mine set on 88-90 degrees. The temp seems fine for now to swim/exercise, plus still feels nice when using the spa seats in the cooler night temperature. They say a good temp for a heated swimming pool is 80-84 degrees, so I have my mine a little higher than that right now. Once summer hits, I hope I don't even need to heat the water.

A swim spa really is the best of all worlds! I originally bought a large spa (Hotsprings Grandee)and loved it. I soon realized that I was using it more in the summer than in the winter. I really loved the whole pool aspect of the spa. Then I discovered swim spas. I can't tell you how wonderful these things are. Think about it you are getting exercise, a hot tub and a pool all in one! I have a 17' swim spa decked in and off of my screen porch. And it has changed my life. Friends who spent tens of thousands on in ground pools are jealous as hell. If you need any more info I'd be more than glad to share it with you. I often felt like I was going into this whole thing blind and no one really shared any of the big and little things about about swim spas. Oh, and YES they heat to the same degree and a regular size spa. In the summer I turn the heat off and use mine as a pool!?