First Time Hot Tub Owner - Being Delivered Tomorrow, Need Help

eddy2324

So I bought a used but in working condition (so the owner says) hot tub and we are going to pick it up tomorrow. I already have a paver patio laid out and ready to go. I do not have the power ran yet but will shortly. I am just curious to know if there is anything I need to know / do before we fill and power it to start running it.

It was working a year and a half ago (two jets were not working is the only issue) and then it was put into a barn. The previous owner said that the patio it sat on needed repaired and they simply did not want it anymore.

It is a master spa tub that seats six people and measures 8' x 8'. I bought it for only $350 and I thought what the heck let's try this out. It seems to be in really good shape, but then again I do not know exactly what to look for. I do know that the tub does not have any cracks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get it up and running next week sometime. Thanks in advance!

Rule #1 when buying a used spa, see it FULL of water, RUNNING and HEATER up.

Too late for that. So....first thing I'd do is set it at the end of the driveway by the street and fill it up. NO WAY would I go to the cost of running the electrical before seeing that it didn't have massive freeze damage and an uncountable amount of leaks.

Rule #1 when buying a used spa, see it FULL of water, RUNNING and HEATER up.Too late for that. So....first thing I'd do is set it at the end of the driveway by the street and fill it up. NO WAY would I go to the cost of running the electrical before seeing that it didn't have massive freeze damage and an uncountable amount of leaks.

Yea you could get yourself some SO cable and hard wire it temporarily into your panel. Your local welding supply place can rent you SO cable.