Thermospas Exercise Spa Or Artisian South Seas?

bb7304

I am trying to decide between the Thermospas Olympian exercise hot tub and one of the Artisian South Seas spas

I do want to exercise in my hot tub, I am just not sure I want to spend twice as much on it. Thermospas has the best warranty I have seen so far and great ratings. The quality seems excellent, however, I do also want to relax, enjoy the jets, and have fun in my hot tub as well. Excercise spas don't seem to cater to that as much.

Artisian has good ratings as well, however, they have the worst warranty I've seen with only 3 years. The spa is just the right size with the right amount of jets in all the right places so that is great. However, when I asked about how long it would take to heat it up 10 degrees in case I tried to exercise in this spa, he told me 1 degree per hour. That seemed awefully long compared to Thermospas 10degrees per hour. I am also a little concerned about the quality of this spa compared to thermospas after seeing/hearing all of the information.

Any advice on the hot tubs or my decision?

Thanks!!

As a tech, I'm confused anytime anyone refers to a thermo-spa as a "quality," tub. Not that there's anything wrong with them- they just seem put together in someones garage. As far as the heating times, one dealer is underselling the heating times on a 120v heater, the other is exaggerating the heating times on a 240v heater. Ask the Artisan dealer how long it would take to heat on 240v- you'll likely hear between 6-8 degrees per hour, which is accurate for virtually all 240v spas. As far as thermo-spas having great reviews, are you only looking at reviews with thermospaDOTcom in them? You're literally the first person I've ever heard say that.

There aren't any Artesian dealers around my service area, so I've only seen a couple. The Thermospa's that are here haven't held up well, and virtually every customer seems to have a story to tell about lack of service from Thermo-spa. Be aware- Thermo-Spa went bankrupt a couple years ago, and were bought by jacuuzi-whirpool, so hopefully things have gotten better?

Preserved Swine said exactly what I came to post. Thermospa does not have the best reputation. Artesian has an excellent reputation. You can pay extra to make that 3 year warranty a 5 year if you are concerned, but I can tell that they build an excellent product and stand behind it well. Also as stated above, the South Seas spa will heat up much quicker than that on 220v. I think your salesman maybe didn't know the actual answer and guessed. Artesian also makes swim spas called Tidal Fit. They make a few different sizes and the prices are pretty darn competitive.

Good Luck!

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys! Somehow i didnt see ur posts before but did go with south seas. I love the jet pressure and how fast it heats up. I hate my electricity bill! I guess the next model up would have been more efficient (what u learn after ;)

Im also not real thrilled about the filter and cleaning, but again i suppose the next model up wouldwould have been worth it