Hot Springs Classic Jet Problem

sumdumgai

On my 1994 vintage Hot Springs Classic spa, there are three hydrotherapy jets on the back of the spa. These work in unison and are all controlled by the same air control lever. The top two work fine but the bottom one has no water flow. Any ideas o what could be affecting just one of these jets?

Thanks.

This is going to sound weird. I'm sure you're familiar with the large jet diverter, the large handle on the top on the same side as the buttons.

But there's a second divirter. It's also the large jetstream jet in the wall near the step near the light. The large bezel of that jet will rotate, and divert the water into three different area's, depending on which position it's in. The system works like this: The large handle has two positions; standard, and in the other position, the three position jetsream jet will control waterflow. At no point will all of the jets be on at the same time. It's pretty normal for the jetstream jet to become stuck, and not turn. It's a simple repair from any authorized dealer to replace the inner "butterfly," assymbly that gets stuck. I assume that the three position jetstream jet/divirter is simply stuck, so you're unable to rotate it to turn other jets on/off.

Thanks for advice. You know, I don't remember ever monkeying with that jet, and the three jet cluster has been working until recently. Now, only the top two work and their flow seems pretty strong. I tried turning the bezel, but it moves only about 1/2 inch each way. I'll try to keep working it. If that's not the problem, what else could be blocking flow to the third jet. As further information, I pulled the filters and also the filter towers. The suction at the holes under the towers is good on one, a little worse on the second, and almost non-existent on the third.

Thanks. Do you know what symptoms I would see if the pump is starting to go bad? I mean, the pump runs and is pushing water out of the jets, but does the output pressure reduce on a failing pump, or does it just start leaking or simply stop running? I'm concerned about the lack of suction at the filter ports with the filter towers removed.

A failing pump is a lot like a failing light bulb. It either works, or it doesn't. If you don't feel suction on the tops of the filters with the caps removes- pat yourself on the back- your filters are clean :)

You should feel suction if you've removed the pipe stands, on two out of the three fittings, when the pump is running- It should be powerful. Those are the sole suction ports for the pump. Be careful, the vacuum can be very strong.