2005 Hot Springs Prodigy H Hot Tub Wiring Issue

Disco2

I purchased a used Hot Springs Prodigy H hot tub. They originally had it wired using the 115 VAC wiring. When I installed it I went ahead and converted the tub to the 220 VAC converted Spa wiring. I did everything as described. Used 8-3 wire from the panel to the sub panel (55ft). then 10-2 and 12-2 wire from the two (30A & 20A) GFCI breakers in the sub panel to the hot tub (8ft). All wires are sealed in the liquid tight casing and fittings. I removed the jumpers on the Terminal block and installed one at the 4 & 5 locations and installed the program jumpers in locations 1, 2, 3, & 9 as directed by the owners manual and the wiring label on the back of the board cover. When I turn on power to the spa the LIM OK light is lit up green and the control unplugged is lit up red. Nothing will operate. I have triple checked everything and I can not seem to figure out what I am over looking. The control is plugged in and I witnessed it with my own eyes working correctly before I swapped it to the 230 VAC converted spa requirements. What am i missing?

Hi, For clarification, is the 20 amp GFCI breaker 120 volts or 230 volts? For a converted system, the 20 amp GFCI breaker must be 120 volts which supplies the control and pump system and the 30 amp GFCI breaker is 230 volts and is dedicated to the heating system. You also did not mention if you had installed a ground wire between the sub-panel and the spa control box ground terminal. Without a ground wire the GFCI breakers will not function properly but it should not cause a control unplugged fault. Keith, Watkins Customer Service

both breakers are wired for 220v per the panel diagram i went off of. It disnt say anything about changing one of them to 110. Honestly im sure how I would change that? I did not use the panel they suggest. I ended up going with a siemens 125 panel and GFCI breakers. And yes the entire thing is grounded correctly. I have tried unplugging the control panel and plugging it back in and it doesnt do anything. Both lights are the same whether it is plugged in or not. I did notice that the display activates but nothing displays. kinda of like a digital clock where u can faintly see all display, but nothing actually functions.

Both breakers should NOT be 240v. The 20 amp breaker should be 120v. I suspect it's wired 120v, or the breaker would have been tripping instantly with the jumper at 4/5 of the main terminal block. Take a look at the 20 amp breaker, ensure that only one of the hot legs is being used.

And you tried turning the power off, disconnecting both plugs on the light harness, and turning the power back on?