Need Help In Choosing A Spa

phiberop

Hello! This is my first post, so thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me! I'm looking to buy a new spa that is in the 6 person size range with a lounge seat. I just started looking in my immediate area at the dealers in my city and I would like some advice as to the quality of the brands and equipment that are available to me. In my area, the dealers sell the following brands: Hot Springs, Sundance, LaZBoy (formally Hydropool I was told), Dr Wellness, Dynasty, Emerald, Master Spas, and Nordic Spas.

I'm sure I could find other brands if I looked further outside my city, but this is what I have so far. Out of all the brands, the most inexpensive is the Dr Wellness...I got a quote on the Tranquility series G-12 spa at $6,590. This is quite a few thousand less than the others I've looked at for comparable size and features. I've seen some questionable reviews of their spas, but the sales guy I talked to said that the new Tranquility series is totally different than the X-series that the company bought from Laguna Bay and is much higher quality, using all Gecko components. He told me that it has a full equipment, plumbing, and structural warranty of 5 years, which is comparable to the other more expensive brands. I live in Birmingham, AL and their sales guy said that they are headquartered out of Chattanooga, TN and I was welcome to come to their headquarters and wet test any model. Also that they have a satellite office in Birmingham that would provide any service needed. Also, he said that since I am located out of state, they would not charge sales tax if they processed the order out of the Chattanooga office - saving me over $600 in tax.

So, my two main questions right now are this: Out of the brands that are available in my immediate area, how would you rank each one in terms of quality and value? Also, is this deal with the Dr Wellness G-series true, or am I getting fed a slick sales pitch on a garbage product and company? Does anyone have experience with their Tranquility G-series?

Thanks for your help!

Dr. Wellness is garbage and you are being fed a slick sales pitch. Any of the other brands would be a better choice. There is a reason they are cheaper than everything else. I would avoid Master as well. If you want a more budget friendly spa, look at the nordic. For quality and reliability, look at Hotsprings and Sundance. Those are the 2 most reputable brands that you listed and are fantastic companies.

Thanks for the feedback!! I just found out today that there is another dealer in my area that sells Artesian spas and Viking spas. They had a really good deal on a Viking Heritage II spa and were selling it for $5699 including cover, delivery, etc. They also had a Artesian Antigua I think for $6999. I liked that the Viking Heritage had 6 jetted seats and the Artesian had only 5 and a cool down seat. These seem like very good prices considering what I have seen so far. What do you all think about these two brands? Thanks!!

I'm a big fan of Artesian, but not Viking. Viking using dishonest sales tactics. They talk about having the industries "best warranty" because it is 6 years. Read the fine print and you find out that it is pro-rated after the first year and has all kinds of ridiculous exclusions and limitations.

Artesian has a long-standing reputation for quality and service. They've been around since the 70's. They build a great product and offer excellent bang for your buck. Of all that you have mentioned, Artesian would be my personal choice.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been fixing spas for three decades, of the ones on the list, Sundance, then Hot Springs. Viking and Lazy-Boy are junk.

Cheap doesn't happen because "everyone else is trying to rip you off", and looks mean nothing.

Not necessarily junk just not in the same league. If you want a tub that lasts 5-8 years and you may get lucky and get a bit longer buy the cheaper brands. If you want something that will last longer 15-20 years then go with HS, Sundance or possibly Artesian. And expect the lower quality less expensive options to use more electricity.

I have been fixing spas for three decades, of the ones on the list, Sundance, then Hot Springs. Viking and Lazy-Boy are junk. Cheap doesn't happen because "everyone else is trying to rip you off", and looks mean nothing.

Reread it, look more closely at the punctuation. The recommendation is for Sundance, then Hot Springs. (<--- see the period?). Viking and Lazy-Boy are then called "junk"

My Bad....whew!