Hr / - - - Codes - Dynasty Victory Ii

dd1153

I recently purchased a Dynasty Victory II spa from a friend and had it (professionally) moved to my house. I hired a company to build me a deck and run electrical lines, as well as hook up the tub.

We got to use the tub last night and it worked flawlessly.. Pump 1 & 2 fired, heater got super hot, jets, bubbles, the whole package.

Today I wanted to let my daughter get in, so I fired pump 1 & 2 up today around 4pm. At approx 5:24pm my hot tub shut off, and started flashing the code

Hr

- - -

5:24

see youtube video here:

and it would repeat. The only thing that has changed (electrically) is I switched on a 110v breaker to a GFCI that the company ran for me thats in the spa breaker box.

I googled the error and found the user manual for the 2011 Victory II and it states that this is a hardware issue. I reset the breaker, turned off the 110v breaker, emptied the hot tub, refilled the tub, turned on the 220v breaker and I'm still getting the error. I called Dynasty and they said unplug pump 1/2 and ozone / blower from the main panel.. start tub up and see if Hr appears. I did this.. and it does.

so my question is, could this happen from overheating? Running both pumps at 4pm - when its about 100f outside? Or do I need to have a service call .... on day #2 of ownership?

Thank you

Sorry it took so long to get to you. I don't have the control box specs but I would check resistance through the heater first and suspect that, with that error. Could be the hardware they are talking about. 3-4 years on a heater can happen depending on a lot of factors.

Does it pump with or without the heater hooked up?