Jets Suddenly Won't Turn On

MattL

I have a Raindance Spa with a Balboa 54585 control box (also called out as model number INF107). The other night my son was in the tub with just the circ pump running, but when he decided to turn the jets on full blast the pump turned off altogether and I haven't been get it to fire up since. I've tried cutting the power completely to the tub, waiting 15 minutes, then firing it back up. It went into priming mode, but I still wasn't able to activate the pumps by pressing either of the "jets" buttons. I've gone through all the filtration cycles an all the running modes but the pump just won't run. When I press the jets buttons I can hear a slight click in the control box, but that's all I get. It's a new pump as of last november, and we haven't had any trouble with it since installing it.

Since the pump is actually under our deck I figured I'd come here first to see what you guys thought before I started taking up deck boards. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Check the large paper fuse on the mother board.

Yup... If I'd have had a tester I could have checked... thanks for the reply. There are a lot of tiny details to learn when you get a hot tub on Craigslist and not from a dealer who actually teaches you how to run it. I appreciate your help!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I am having this same issue, just a clicking sound when pressing the jets button. Mine is a Hot Springs portable spa. Do all hot tubs have fuses? I can't find one on mine. We disconnected the pump and hooked it to a power source to test if it's broken, but it will fire up this way. It is a little noisy, may need a bearing replaced soon, but it does seem to function properly. Any help is truly appreciated!