Water Changed From Blue Hugh To Green

I'm a bit of a newbie on my second water change after four months on a Caldera Cantabria. The current water is about 3 months old and recently changed to a very slight green color. The bromine level has always been at least 3 and I shock weekly with a cup of bleach. I shocked a couple days ago and it's a very slight green. It's not that easy to notice but the shell is a shiny pearl white and and I noticed it change from blue to green at about the 3 month interval. The new water always has a slight blue hugh. Again the green does't look swamp like, crystal clear green if that's possible. That's what I have.

My ph is 7.8, alk 75, Ca++ 180, tBr 3.0. I use the occasional foam down, weekly clarifier, and occasional enzyme. Weekly shock with 1 cup of bleach, and leisure time renew tabs with higher bather load.

May be time for water change although it doesn't look dirty at all. Only I would even notice the slight color change.

Many thanks!

Clear green is usually metals of some sort. Copper is usually green; iron is usually yellow (to red/brown) and can look green against a blue background. Since our shell is white, the green sounds like copper, but unless you added a copper-based algaecide or your pH got low to corrode copper in a gas heat exchanger, I'm not sure where the copper comes from. Unless it bothers you, I wouldn't worry about it since it sounds fairly faint. If you lower the pH and it turns more clear, then it is likely to be metals -- in that case, you can add a metal sequestrant product.

• 2 weeks later...

I used bromine on my first fill of our new tub. I had the same thing happen to me. My water was in perfect balance, and I checked the sanitizer levels almost daily. My family used the tub all the time, so our bather load was huge. After about a month and a half, the water took on a green tint. I have no idea where this color came from. I did start to use a defoamer on occasion, but that was the only chemical I added besides the bromine tabs and chlorox bleach. I have since switched to the dichlor then bleach method, and I love it. The water seems to be staying sparkly clean, and it costs less than the bromine method.