Jet Plugs On Hot Tub?

JessGNc

Hi all,

As a housewarming gift, my parents game us the hot tub they purchased 14 years ago. It was brand new, still in its original box and packaging and never before used. We set it up this weekend and it is in surprisingly amazing condition. Everything is like-new.

Unfortunately, I'm faced with a problem. I discovered while trying to prime the pump that there were no jet plugs in the box. The company who made the hot tub sold the brand to another company. That second company is defunct. I can't get an answer from any official vendor as no one knows who that is anymore!

So I come to you. I have an Image Renew 815 Model IMHS81591 (Manual is here: https://www.iconservice.com/CustomerService/manualsProductManuals.do?model=IMHS8159&modelName=IMAGE+RENEW+815+SPA&version=1&company=21&language=) . I need 4 jet plugs. Are Jet plugs a universal size? Is there a way to figure out the size I need without draining the entire hot tub, getting in and measuring it?

If I had any, I'd know. ;)

I'm relatively sure these are supposed to go on top of the jets so I can prime the pump. I don't have any pictures or anything, all I know is there was a part missing. The way I'm picturing them is essentially like watertight earplugs to cover the jets so the filter can hold water temporarily for priming.

Never heard of such a thing.... But I've only been doing this for 33 years.

Fill the spa through the filter, and turn on the pump. Priming generally solved. If no, crack the union on top of the pump till air stops coming out, turn on pump, priming solved.