New Hot Springs Vanguard/grandee Or Caldera Cantabria (New With Bugs)

Hello! Seriously this should be a no brainer, but still seeking a 2nd and 3rd opinion. This is my first spa purchase. We would like a large tub that has a summer time mode, so the kids could float around in it and that we can have installed in the next few weeks and not have to wait for shipping.

There is only one HS dealer in our area. There is only one Caldera dealer in our area and unfortunately all of their larger tubs are outside. When he showed us the Cantabria, it was a bit dirty and had what looked like roaches crawling in and out of the jets. As I type this, I have pretty much eliminated the third. Too bad I fell in love with the Cantabria online.

My questions: Which should I go for? Are the prices a bit high? Is the Cantabria worth ordering and waiting for? Is there a different option that we have not considered -other than a swim spa?

These are the following quotes we have received:

$13.5 +tax for a 2013 Grandee stairs, cover, lifter (seems high to me)

$11.8 +tax for a 2014 Vanguard with Platinum Package

$14.2 +tax Cantabria stairs, cover, cover lifter, audio (roaches thrown in at no additional charge Im sure.)

Thanks in advance for any pertinent advice and answers you could provide after you finish chuckling.

I know it sounds crazy, but don't let a few bugs make you wait if that's the tub you want. You'll fill it up, turn it on, clean it, drain it, fill it up again, and it will be shiny, clean, and beautiful. These things clean up easier and better than you can possibly imagine.

Take a look at the HotSpring Gleam. ....same tub as the Cantabria but its a HotSpring version.

I agree. Just bought a Gleam and LOVE IT. It was quite a bit cheaper and easier to get than the Cantabria. Same shell and guts just different layout with seats and jets.