Starite 333 Maxitherm

I had an issue of no heat last fall, Warranty rep came this spring and assured me that when he opened it he would see that the heat exchanger coil was rotted due to bad pool chemistry. I told him I had the water and chemicals tested every week during the season. The heater was only used for 3 months out of the year . I know the water runs through it all year reguardless. So he took it all apart today and said that im the 1 in a thousand because the tubes were all in good condition. Now waiting to hear why the blower seized and what was causing the leak because he said there was water in the blower . The heater is practically brand new. Originally he said i needed a brand new heater and replacement was not under warranty . He also said he has seen a brand new 333 go bad in 3 months due to the low ph in the water is that possible? 3 months. Im opting for the nickel upgrade Any replys appreciated

Mike