X Spa Dition Hot Tubs?

FTLOSM

Found a local deal on a used X-SPA-dition hot tub, seems to be in good working and cosmetic shape, curious of the maker and of the availability of parts for these when they need servicing?

Any experiences or history on these?

This one is $500 and is 3 yrs old btw.

Just looking for something inexpensive for the back deck of my house till I can afford a larger model in the future, maybe 2-3 seasons of spring thru fall use, maybe will try winter but thinking it will probably be too cold outside.

Thanks for any input,

Bill

I'm not that familiar with the brand, I did a google search and found a web site on them, and realized I had seen them at a spa show. You can buy them on line and also through a dealer. I would advise you to do a dealer search to see if anyone sells them near you in case you need parts. It sounds like a good deal if all you're looking for is a starter spa for couple years. Make sure you see it running first though.

X-Spa-dition is now made by Dream Maker Spas. You can find them on line at www.dreammakerspas.com .

It is a entry level spa, the model you are speaking about retails new today for $1995.00 So if the tub is working properly, $500 would be a fair price. One note, this spa does not have a heater. It has a heat jacket that pulls heat from the pump motor. So, the pump motor will run on high speed, until the spa finally reaches temperature. If you fill the spa today with fresh water from the tap, it will heat at about 1 to 1 1/2 degrees per hour, so expect the tub to take about 36 hours to heat initially. Once, it is hot, it will maintain. This brand does provide a nice value in the entry level rotationally molded spa market, but in the past they experienced some problems with leaks. Before you buy, be sure to have the seller fill the spa and bring it up to a hot temperature. Check to see the spa fuctions operate and that there are no leaks or water around the perimeter of the tub. Generally, these tubs are fairly trouble free for the first couple years, after that it is hit and miss. But, it may be a nice opportunity to soak for about two more years, for only about $500. Give it a good look over and if it passes the test, go for it. If the seller refuses to fill the tub and bring it up to temperature, then walk away, he is hiding something. Goodluck. Dave.