Looking To Buy My First Hot Tub, Arctic Spa Or Bull Frog?

Angelie1

I am very new to spas and don't know much about them. I've been trying to do research online regarding them and it all seems like a dead end . Everyone claiming theirs are better etc. I am looking for a fairly small spa. 4 seater. I was considering buying an arctic fox with the salt water system, I am located near Vancouver bc and the only showroom was just opened 2 weeks ago in Langley .

I've read so many bad reviews from 2009 etc that its been scaring me a little. But then again they can't all be bad and I was hoping most of the "bugs" to have been fixed.

My other option was a bullfrog spa, the dealer is closer to my home and has been around longer. Please help me out. Thanks.

Hello Angelie 1,

We also live close to Vancouver and are just in the process of purchasing our first spa. We have decided to get the Jacuzzi J-345. Like you, we were really confused on what to get, and after doing a lot of research and going on a couple of different hot tub forums, we came to realize there are a couple of things that are really important. First of all, and Im sure you have already picked this up, it is really important to wet test whatever spa you are considering. The other thing is to find a dealer you can trust. Dont know if you have considered either Sundance or Jacuzzi, but Crystalview Pool, Spa and Patio in North Vancouver has been nothing short of fantastic for us to deal with (they sell Sundance and Jacuzzi). I should also say I have no affiliation with them, and while we know the spa were buying, and have agreed to a price on the spa, we havent actually purchased it yet. We will be doing so in the next couple of days.

If you would like any further information on them or the person we dealt with, send me a P.M. and Id be glad to supply you with the information.

Good luck with your search!

We live in North Vancouver, but have a summer cabin in the Valley, and it is the summer cabin where the hot tub is going. Crystalview will be delivering it for us. They really have been great to deal with. They brought in a tub for us to wet test, with no obligation to buy on our part. And in fact we are not buying that tub. After wet testing we decided we liked the J-345 better than the one they had brought in for us (they brought in the Jacuzzi J-335 for us to wet test).

And once again Angelie, if you need any further information please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. This really can be a daunting process.

I am a Bullfrog dealer and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Of the many brands that I have worked with over the years, they are certainly my favorite. My favorite JetPaks are the oscillator and the deep relief. The oscillator jets do sort of a figure 8 pattern on your back. They feel wonderful! The deep relief is a very powerful deep tissue massage. It is powerful enough to really hammer those deep knots.

Good luck in your search! Quickbeam has offered some good advice. Definitely do a wet test if you can.

We are going to be checking out a few bullfrog spas tomorrow. Looking at the r6l series for 7000$ and an A7 2013 model for 6799$ looking forward to seeing them. I think these are a better fit for our family, more jets, and better price than arctic spa quotes or 10k

Hi Angelie

I am not familiar with Bullfrog, so I will defer to others on that brand.

I am the proud owner of an Arctic Yukon, and have had it since early 2010. Other than a problem with the onzen salt system - which, the company replaced with a newer generation at no cost to me, it's been fine. My only complaint is that the ozonating cells tend to last 6 months (they're warranted for a year) so you have to replace them twice a year (but only pay once). They go for around $75/U.S.

It's outdoors. It's tremendous.

One thing to remember on ANY hot tub purchase -- what is critical - dealer support. I have a GREAT dealer - R&R Pool and Spa - great support from him and his staff. Wonderful people.

As said in previous posts - my wife and I looked at several tubs, it came down to a choice between Arctic and Jacuzzi. Both were good. I agonized over the decision for a week. Both had advanced tech, both had great reputable local dealers and neither dealer knocked the other guy's product. Both very professional.

We went with the Arctic - more money but advanced technology. I might also add - the Arctic is a very well-insulated cabinet that does NOT employ packed foam. If something were to go wrong with the foam-packed spa, you have to strip out the foam to find the problem, and have it poured back in after you locate your problem (if you ever get a leak).

We had that happen on our last spa. So - we went Arctic. No regrets.

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your input. Yes it seems like all the reviews I read it's all about the dealer relationship . The arctic spa dealer I met has only been out in bc for two weeks which makes me incredibly nervous. Seemed nice enough but still not good enough for me.

The bullfrog dealer has been servicing pools and spa here for 14 yrs and has good customer feedback. I like how there is less plumbing in the bullfrog and how you pick your own jet packs and can add more if you want. I believe that is the option we are going with.

Instead of the salt water system I am going to try the "spa marvel" line which seems to be a lot gentler on skin and lower maintenance. Again thank you all for your input. I've learned a lot about hot tubs/spas in the last short while :)