How To Replace Ace Cell?

Hello,

I need to have my ACE cell replaced (thanks Watkins/HotSpring/Lifestyles) for taking care of this) and was wondering if anyone or any techs could tell me how hard this is. My dealer will come out and replace for a service charge, but I am thinking this may be a pretty easy task - even for someone like me with no mechanical skills!?!?!

Any advice - pay the service fee or try myself - please help!

Thanks

Your suspicions are correct- it's very simple.

Turn off power to the spa, you might need to drain it a little to get the water below the hex nut wall-fitting in the filter compartment.

Depending on the model- you *might* need to fish through a line to pull the Cell wiring through conduit from the filter area into the control box area. To do this, disconnect the two "bullet" style connectors where the ACE harness connects to the controller (inside the equip area), then tie a string (long enough to run from the eqip area to the filter area) on the original cell wiring harness. Go to the filter area, remove the cell, and unscrew the wall-fitting (where the harness goes.) Remove the cell, and pull gently on the harness- it should pull the string you've tied on the other end of it through the conduit all the way to the filter area.

Now that the string is coming through the wallfitting in the filter area, tie it to the new ACE cell harness, and pull it back into the equip compartment. Attach the wiring harness to the controller (polarity not important), drop the new cell inside the filter, replace the cap and the large hex nut with the O-ring inside into the wall-fitting, and you're done.

Fill it back up (if you needed to drop water level), restore power, and enjoy.