Inground Pool. Would You Do It Again, Why/why Not?

Newbie considering building an inground vinyl pool 14x28. Lots of questions:

1. Is this too small to really enjoy it? Would go to 7' in deep end but want to enjoy with friends and family.

2. For those veteran pool owners, would you do it all again? Why or why not?

3. What are the biggest issues to be aware of right from the start?

Thanks!

My vinyl is 16'x36' and is 9' deep (26K gallons), has a diving board, and a DE filter. I also have a 400K BTU gas heater and RSLink controller that I scored at a garage sale for $150. If I had to do it all over again, I would have added LED lighting. Love the vinyl, the DE filter, gas heater, and controller. I think the pool size is perfect for me and the kids. Any bigger and it would have swallowed the kids. Any smaller and I wouldn't be able to exercise or swim laps. I spend less than $100 a year for chlorine. The other folks can have their salt systems, I'll keep it simple and cheap.

Spa Savant, thank you for your reply! I don't think our yard will accommodate anything larger, so my question is... do it or don't? I don't want to spend all of this money, swallow up our little yard and regret it! I'd love a pool but don't want to feel that I don't really have one due to it being too small.

Maybe I should post that separately...

How much do you pay for your energy bill? Do you run it 24/7?

How often do you heat it and how much does that cost?

Thank you!!

You want to run the pool when the sun is eating up the chlorine. I have mine currently set to run about 6 hours a day from 10 am to 5 pm. Its not being used but Ive just opened it and getting it ready for warmer weather. In the summer it will be more like 8 am to 5 pm unless we are in the pool. You want it running when people are in the pool. I only have one summer into having my home with the pool and it seemed to add $100 to the light bill but idk honestly. After this summer ill have a better idea. This is going to vary greatly from pool to pool. The size and equipment, the climate etc etc. If you have a variable speed pump it'll be less(should be). If you are installing all new equipment with newer technology it will probably not be as bad as youd think.