Weird Balboa Status On Top Controls - Alternating - - - Jets

pkillur

Greetings fellow tubbers. My tub is a WindRiver Spa with balboa controls.

When refilling my tub yesterday, I noticed the topside controls are alternating the following pattern: Jet light, 1's number, 10's number, 100's number with dashes (I.E. instead of the normal 101 it should be showing it shows Jets led, - where 1 should be, - where 0 should be, - where 1 should be. It goes from right to left.

I can turn on the jets and put them on high and low temperature. Doesn't appear to be turning up and down the temperature though. Light button works as well.

Anyone have any thoughts? It sometimes does a static - - - when I refill it and it's full of stupid cold water (I live in Colorado) until the temperature comes up. Could it be the temperature sensor croaked? The heater element is fairly new (like last year sometime). I think I replaced the temperature sensor at the same time.

Thanks for the info. For whatever reason I think the spa pack was wigged out. I tried bouncing the power and turning it off and on. I decided since it's warm here in CO today to do a partial water change and killed the power since it would drop below the input for the circ pump. Sure enough it is working like a champ now. Not sure what happened... ??