Breaker Tripping After Refill

DigitalMan

If your spa is only 6 months old, and it will run for five minutes., you can do the ground fault test to see what is tripping the breaker. Then you can disable the device causing the spa to trip, so you can still run it until your dealer can get out to fix it. You can read the directions here of how to do it.

http://www.arcticspas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Global-Pak-Ground-Fault-Test-Info.pdf

Also, here is a short video to show you how to do it. Keep in mind, if the spa is tripping right away you won't be able to so this. But, if it runs for a few minutes before tripping, this should work. Good luck.

So thank you for this. Although I'm not sure what happened I attempted this but I did not get the same results as in this video. I had weird pulsating and strange messages on the LCD panel. However after another reset of the breaker it seems to be ok. heating on pump one only. It eventually finished heating all the way.

BUT! Today I went in to use the tub and noticed the lights were flashing in a pattern and the water was cooling. My arctic spa app is telling me it senses 119 degrees at a heater and to check that all the jets are open and to reset the breaker. I've done that but still nothing. Pump 2 will come on but pump 1 will not. when I hit pump 1

on the panel it flashes GFE.

I'm paranoid now because it is so cold out. I don't want anything to freeze

help! thanks

I'm not sure what you have going on. But, if it says gft after you did the test when you press pump one, that most likely means it was pump one causing it to trip and that it why it says gft. But, I'm not sure how it heated up if pump one wasn't working right. At least now you can keep it running to keep it from freezing until your dealer looks at it.

So here is what I believe has happened. When I ran the GFt test, you're right, it shut off pump 1 lo. Some how when I turned on the breaker it was able to heat the tub using pump 1 hi. but after 88 degrees, (must be a delorean) is uses pump 1 lo and that when it starts to act up.

I ran through the GFt sequenece to see what components were off and P1L was 0. I turned it back to 1 and reset my tub. Funny, the temp was automatically set to 88 degrees?? once I set it to 98 it started to heat normally.

checked again this morning and the system appears to be normal still.

WTH?

Lol on the delorean reference!! I'm not sure either. You may have something wrong with the pump one low speed capacitor, but it must be random. Just call your dealer and let them look at it and repair it. It has a five year warranty. I'm glad you were at least able to keep it running and keep it from freezing.

• 4 years later...
50 minutes ago, Rache rach said:

Please help ive just bought an aqua spa and when i started to heat it up it keeps tripping after 2 or 3 mins i can reset the rcd plug and it runs again for 2-3 mins its brand new so nothing should be broken i dont know what I’m doing wrong 

If new, it's under warranty.