Newbie-2004 Gl Sunlighter Pump Rapidly Cycles Unless Hold Temp Button

Eaglenuke

New to forum.

I have a 2004 Gr. Lakes Sunlighter I picked up from Craigslist a few years ago. I am running it on 240v. I replaced the heater element about 18 months ago. Been running trouble free since.

My pump just started cycling on and off. It starts for just a few seconds, then stops for a second,then continuously repeats. I can hear a relay cycling in the control box. If I hold down the temp setting button on the control panel it stays on. While running the suction/flow are fine. It is a Balboa control system P/N 52525-04.

I'm guessing the temp sensor or something related is the issue. Does anyone have insight into how to troubleshoot?

I figured out that the switch for the jets was stuck internally. I removed the goo from inside that acts as waterproofing and the contact was slightly burnt. All the others were a nice clean gold color. I was able to just slightly bend the contact to give it more spring in the open direction, and it works just fine now. So, the only issue now is how in the world am I going to re-waterproof everything for reinstallation. I found a replacement on ebay for $115, but haven't got the cash right now.