Looking For First Hot Tub, 2-3 Person, Need Recomendatoins

truell

My wife and I are looking for our first hot tub. I have never owned one, so could use some input. I looked at a Jetsetter by hot springs today. It look really nice, had some bells an whistles 5 year warranty. Looks like the tripple filter, and ozone means little to no maintenence. It seemed very quiet even when cycling. The price I was quoted was aroudn $7995 after factory rebate. That made me balk a bit. In my mind I had assumed a good 2-3 person hot tub would be around 3-5k. Could anyone suggest a solid hot tub from a good company in this price range? Or am I just unrealistically low in my estimate of what a new hot tub costs?

Hot Spring is a good brand, but the triple filter and ozone aren't really going to mean "little to no maintenance". As long as the water is passing through a filter it is being filtered, whether there are 1,2,3, etc.. You just have more filters to hose out, soak, and replace. Ozone is available on every hot tub, so nothing special there. Also, ozone does not make maintenance any easier per say.

You definitely don't need to spend that much to get a good hot tub, though there are many that do cost that much. You can get a good quality hot tub in the $4k to $6k range. Much below that and it probably isn't the best quality. Some good brands are Jacuzzi, Sundance, Bullfrog, Arctic, Caldera, D1, Marquis, Clearwater, Artesian.....there are others.

Try not to fall for sales BS and think about what is really important to you in a hot tub. Definitely try to test soak. Each person is different and will like different tubs.

My wife and I are looking for our first hot tub. I have never owned one, so could use some input. I looked at a Jetsetter by hot springs today. It look really nice, had some bells an whistles 5 year warranty. Looks like the tripple filter, and ozone means little to no maintenence. It seemed very quiet even when cycling. The price I was quoted was aroudn $7995 after factory rebate. That made me balk a bit. In my mind I had assumed a good 2-3 person hot tub would be around 3-5k. Could anyone suggest a solid hot tub from a good company in this price range? Or am I just unrealistically low in my estimate of what a new hot tub costs?

Triple filters and ozone means about the same maintenance as one filter and no ozone. Don't let a sales pitch sway you into thinking that you will have any better water or less maintenance because of filtering. And ozone will reduce the quantity of sanitizer required during times of non use. But you will have to sanitize just as much with slightly less quantity.

I have a H.S Jettsetter 2010, bought new in nov 2009. I love this spa. Its helps my back big time. Its just me and my wife using the spa, mostly me, 4-5 times week. I paid 5900.00 plus tax, with the usual, steps, cover,tri-x filters, delivery, etc. Best money I ever spent. I have not had any problems. I use the dichlor/bleach method.

Sounds like the price went up, probably can get the price down some, work a deal.

Go to Dreammakerspas.com

I just had one deliverd.Orderd on line. Set it up. Takes three helpers to move to favored spot.Customer service very responsive and helpfull with and to my setup issues.Very happy. Use it every day and night here in AZ.The EZ Spa PU1 works very well for two. Three is OK as well.Very affordable.