Swimming Dogs Thank-you!

Anka

Several weeks ago I came here asking questions about dog hair filtration because we wanted to build a pool for our three German Shepherd dogs. Based on the advice and guidance from several members of this forum we selected the various components and the pool is now installed and functional. We chose a 15 x 30 Sunshine pool with J-hook liner, a 1 1/2 Pentair 2 speed pump, and a 19" sand filter.

Although the water is very cold the dogs have been in it daily and loving it! The pump runs on high speed for a couple of hours after they swim and does a terrific job of shooting the hair into the skimmer. I've now ordered a Polaris 65 to vacuum stray leaves off the bottom and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I wanted to thank everyone with whom I corresponded about your excellent advice.

Anka

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the link, Josh. This ramp would certainly extend the swimming season, especially at the front end when the water is too cold for us to put the steps in but warm enough for the dogs to swim. Any water that's not frozen solid is swimming water to our pack. Having to be in the pool to seat the steps and insert the weighs is a real limitation. We probably can't do that for another 4 weeks but with this ramp and some guided training the dogs could certainly learn to exit the pool. Again, thank you!