Please Check My Closing Procedure For Errors Or Suggestions

TomTom

My winterize blow out Procedure for in-ground pool, deck jets, cleaner, and heater. All chemicals are installed as

required. Please review this and let me know if I am doing it correctly. Any suggestions etc. would be

appreciated and gratefully received.

1. Install ultra-gizmo into skimmer (system has only 1 skimmer with 2 return lines and 1 cleaner line.)

2. Drain sand filter - then reinstall both dome lid and drain plug.

3. Plug up return jet outlets and cleaner outlet, leaving the one farthest away open.

4. Keep the 5-way valve set in filter position.

5. Open ball valve on the cleaner line.

6. Set valve in suction and return line to FULL SKIM. This will allow air to blow out the skimmer and all

reurn lines including the cleaner line. If desired you can also blow out main drain line BUT that is not

necessary because the water will always follow the water level point in the pool.

7. Hook compressor to the top of gizmo in the skimmer and when ai8r comes out the farthest return jet, cap it off and

open up another return jet and then the cleaner jet and cap off the same as previous mentioned when air bubbles

happen.

8. Now Open up the heater drain plug and blow out completely. Close drain plug when no water comes out.

9. Open up the valve in the deck jet plumbing line. Open the far away deck jet and leave the nearest one open.

Blow water out of this jet then cap it off and open up the nearest one and follow same procedure when no water

is present.

10. Stop blowing and drain pump, re-drain filter, auto chlorinator, re-drain heater to make sure any water that

that might there is gone. Do not re-install any plugs but store them in the pump basket so they will not get

lost.

11. Loosen all union lines for draining just in case.

12. Set the 5-way filter valve on the sand filter to any in-between position.

13. Leave main and skimmer valve in 1/2 skim and 1/2 drain position. This will allow any water in the main line

to seek the same level as the pool water.

14. Make sure the ball valves in all lines are in the open position.

14. Install the Loop-Loc cover is installed with the 1800 Pool Pump on the cover and it plugged into the GFI outlet

which is located in the pavilion.