Air Pump Engages Every Few Seconds When Off

john2049

Hey everyone,

looking for some guidance here. I bought a used 2006 dreammaker x400 about 2 weeks ago. All is well, except for a few problems. (I guess with how complicated these things are, i was bound to have one or two problems) 2 nights ago I accidentally left one side of the air pumps on. (not sure if this has anything to do with it) and now when I go out, all the air pumps on both sides engage every few seconds for a one push of air. I'm not sure why it is doing this, or how to stop it. It seemingly is also triggering the heater to stay on way longer than it should. I am used to being on for 10 min every 50-60 minutes or so. but it seems to be on constantly right now. My only thought it the topside control unit. It is pretty warn down, and I think it is starting to fart out a bit here and there. (i am getting random clicking from the light, and the control display reads "56" whenever i try to change temp.)

Any thoughts? I am posting a video of the noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2oGfiW-yXI

Thank you, any help and advice is appreciated.

-John

There is no "air pump". Air is added into the jets passively through a venturi action. Somewhere, probably on the top edge of the spa, there's some dials to adjust the flow. Either a valve isn't closed all the way, or a seal (O ring) is worn out and leaking.

Looks like these might be below the spa side panel...

Ok, I took apart the dials. O rings are ok, but not perfect. I can replace as a precaution. Once the dials were off the air was still fluctuating out. Interesting note. When i plug in the hot tub into outlet you can hear the air initially chunk out of air. The best i can describe is when a car starts on a rough starter. It kind of farts out air for second, and then goes to the fluctuating shown above. I was able to figure out that the topside control has nothing to do with the fluctuating of air, I unplugged it, and air continued to act weird.