2006 Dream Maker Spa X400 Flashing "56"

john2049

Hi everyone. So I finally bought my first spa. My wife and I are so excited. It is a 2006 Dream Maker Spa, x400.120 volt. So, we hooked it up last saturday, and everything is going very well. Starting last night, after my wife pressed the light button once or twice, (could have just been a coincidence timing wise) the spa started acting weirdly. A small clicking noise started to come from the engine area. The light would be on it's fade program, but flashing intermittently with the speed of the clicking. Also the display would go back to its default 100 degree setting (the default temp after plugging it in) and when you try to push the temp. up or down via buttons, it would flash "56" then go back to allowing me to attempt to change temperature. Last night when it first started, we tried a few power cycles by unplugging spa, and plugging in, to success. Then when we got back in tonight, it started again after 15 min or so.

Things that might affect, that I have just found out. (we just moved into this home, so still learning the power situation) The breaker it is on is a 15 amp breaker, (hot tub takes 12 amps) that also, (at least, but could be more) controls the lights to 2 of the four bedrooms. (problem happens with lights on or off currently)

I AM using a high gauge 25 foot. (i only needed it to be about 3-6 feet, but couldn't find a shorter one) extension chord. Doesn't seem like that could be the issue but worth throwing out there.

The control panel could use some new clear silicone around the edge of the control panel, and the buttons aren't perfect from when it was brand new (just seems to have a little bit of wear, although all the buttons still work fine none the less)

So....is there anyone who has any idea as to what this may be? Sorry for all the info, just know people smarter than I sometimes need all this information. :) Any advice really helps.

Thank you in advance. :)

-John

• 3 weeks later...

john2049 - a little late info for you. 56 on the topside controller is actually sb = standby mode. I have the owner's manual i downloaded from Dreammaker.

I had recently purchased a used 2006 Eclipse. Previous owner said it wouldn't stop running and it leaked. The pump runs until it reaches temperature setting (they obviously didn't know, no manual). Leak, discharge line from pump had obviously broken at some point, probably frozen, and was hack-repaired with a fitting designed for a household drain line, with has no pressure. I was able to replace the hack repairs and now have a hot tub that runs properly with no leaks. I replaced the jet nozzles and also replaced the styrofoam panels in the cover as they were broken. All of this was for $600 including wiring, chemicals and the hot tub.