Newbie Buyer Questions Galore!

Cutestory

Hello there!

Although we've been talking about it for a long time, last Saturday my wife and I, on a whim, went into our first spa store in West LA, Pacific Spas and Sauna.

We looked around at their spas, and (after dry tests only) we're focused on the Sundance Cameo and the Caldera Cantabria. Although the tub will mostly be for me and my wife, we want a big tub for social gatherings. We like the idea of a lounger, but as I said, no wet tests yet.

I started doing research soon thereafter, which led me to this place. And I've already done enough reading in the Hot Tub Water Chemistry to almost scare me off the whole thing. :) I think I might be a bromine kinda guy, but that's another discussion...

I've seen that both Sundance and Caldera seem to be top brands, but other brands like D1 are also getting my attention.

I looked on Yelp and saw a bunch of negative reviews of PS&S, which scared the crap out of me. So I wanted to check here.

PS&S has a "deal" on a 2011 (?) new Cantabria that was apparently ordered and then the buyer had to back out...whatever. Doesn't matter.

The offer on the table is $10K, which includes the spa, hydraulic cover lift (don't know the brand), Durastep, the first batch of Aquafinesse (which, according to what I've read, I may not even use), tax, and delivery.

Anyway, I'm here to see if anyone on the boards here have dealt with this dealer. We have a wet test planned for sometime this week, but I'd like to know whether to keep the appointment. I don't want to spend that much money and have the dealer abandon me if I have trouble (which is what almost all of the negative Yelp reviews say).

Is this a good price? Is the dealer reputable?

What other dealers do people on this board like in SoCal?

What other tubs should I be looking at? ;)

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...I was going to respond with "I wouldn't let a couple bad reviews deter you, most people will complain long before they write anything positive." well holy crap this company doesn't seem to want to keep their customers happy. I would probably avoid them. I know a good dealer in San Diego area called Carrdine Home Resort and personally knowing the operations manager he eats sleeps and breathes customer service...I would try them.