Hot Tub Rash!

Grandee622

After one moth of tubbing in my new tub, I've broken out in a rash. So I've read everything that I could on the subject in this forum and others. The strange thing is that the rash only effects the upper part of my body. The parts of my body that are in contact with the surface of the water! I just don't get it! My water chemistry is perfect. Can anyone give me advice on what this could be and how to resolve it?!? Thanks everyone, I'd really appreciate it undecided.gif

"Water chemistry is perfect" only tells us your opinion, nothing else. We need exact NUMBERS, and to know how you're testing (what you think, or someone told you is "perfect", may in fact not be).

How do you KNOW this was/is caused by the hot tub? Did a dermatologists (preferably board certified) do a complete diagnosis including a culture? Is it bacterial or allergy/sensitivity?

I started using bromine in my tub and had to switch to chlorine.

I was having adverse reactions (rash, itching, etc) to the bromine.

Swapped to chlorine and all was good.

If you litereally have a "line" on your bod where the water surface touches you, I'd say there's some sort of culture growing on your water surface......reagrdles sof how it "looks".

:)