Hot Springs Grande Jets Problem

denomkrall

I purchased a used hot springs grandee hot tub and have not been able to get the jets to work since pruchase. Assumed it may be an easy fix but i'm stumped at the moment. When I push either of the two jet's button i hear a click and that is it. Jets do not attempt to spin at all. I assume the click is the solenoid for the pumps which sounds like it is coming from the control panel but nothing is happening on the pump end. can anyone point me in the right direction on getting this fixed or what to try next?

Thanks,

Denom

Hey denomkrall,

I agree with arches2's post above. It is likely something with the control box or pump. The clicking implies that the control panel is working and trying to deliver the message.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

Sorry to hi jack the thread but I too have a similar prob with my new grande. We just turned it on and the jets all work except for the low jet setting on jet 1 I believe. Its the only jet with the low setting. Waiting for the dealer to come out. I don't think my electrician wired anything wrong since everthing else seems to work. All connections on board seem tight. I heard the click on the board when I turn on the jet on low but no jet power, jet is off. Then I hit the button for high and it turns on high and the jet works. Back to low and nothing, its dead.

Any ideas whats wrong?

Did the OP ever figure out what was wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Rubicon01,

Is this a brand new, 2013 Grandee installation? We will want the dealer's service team to confirm it is connected properly. If needed, give us a ring anytime at 800-999-4688.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

Hey Rubicon01,

Is this a brand new, 2013 Grandee installation? We will want the dealer's service team to confirm it is connected properly. If needed, give us a ring anytime at 800-999-4688.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

Yes it is.

Also when I came home to it yesterday after it only being on for little more than 24 hrs (I was about to add the first batch of salt since I was waiting for 24hrs for the temp to come up), I found the temp not at 100 degrees where I had left it set to. It was at 94. When I turned it on the day before for the first time, it had come up to about 76 before I put the cover back on for the night and left it. So I thought that was odd that it wasn't at temp yet and checked the circuit breakers and found the 20 am tripped. So I called the dealer at that moment and they said try putting it back on, which I did and it stayed on for the time on the phone with them and an additional 1/2 hr after before I closed it up and left it for the night. But this AM I checked it again before leaving for work and found it tripped again. I decided to leave it off since clearly there is something wrong and fear making things worse.

When I spoke to the dealer on the phone they had no idea why it was tripped and had me verify the water was in the filter compartment and no apparent water blockage was present, which there was none since the filters are new etc.

Also note that when we recieved the tub and my electricial began to wire it, he noticed there were two metal jumpers still installed that should have been removed for 230v. There was also a small green wire jumper which was connected on one side and disconnected on the other, which we believe is OK as this not supposed to be jumped for 230v. We assumed the two metal jumpers should have been removed by the factory after testing but are not sure. The dealer told us that is also what they would have expected to be done before delivery to their inventory... that all jumpers would have been removed on the Grandee. Not sure if this has any bearing on the problem with the low pump not turning on or the tripping 20 amp breaker.

Dealer tech is scheduled for Friday of this week but I am trying to get them to come out sooner as we have not been able to use the tub in this condition and clearly things are not right on this brand new purchase.

Thanks...

Hey Rubicon01,

The 60 amp should not be a problem. If it is a full breaker trip it is likely a weak breaker, if it is a half trip it is likely a short in the heater. I've sent you a personal message on this site with my contact information. I will help coordinate with your dealer as needed to get you up and going.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

Hey Rubicon01,

The 60 amp should not be a problem. If it is a full breaker trip it is likely a weak breaker, if it is a half trip it is likely a short in the heater. I've sent you a personal message on this site with my contact information. I will help coordinate with your dealer as needed to get you up and going.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

The breaker trip is at the sub panel. The 60 amp note above was in regard to the main panel in the house.

I am not sure what a half trip is? I know that the breaker totally moves to the opposite on position which is off. Breakers can trip in between on and off?

Thanks for the PM.

So it turns out the issues were a loose wire for the heater, although not sure where exactly (at the circuit board or the heater itself ?) was the cause of the tripping 20 amp breaker. And for the low jet pump 1 not turning on was supposedly because of the wires were installed wrong on the circuit board for this pump.

Now all is good again and we are finally up to tempature.

• 4 weeks later...

Anything solution as to the OP's questions? I have an older Grandee G doing the same thing. Going to recheck my wiring, but the diagram was odd. Serial # G361435

Red power light is one circ pump seems to run, no heat though and nothing when I hit either of the jet buttons or the clean button just the clicking.

Don

So I thought... 20 Amp tripped again after 2 days since the initial service call. However, I turned it back on and it seems to be staying on now for the last 36 hrs. Now waiting for another service call visit.

Well just to follow up, the dealer never made the 2nd service call. Since the breaker hasn't tripped again, they aren't too worried about it. However they told me they would come back out just for peace of mind but still haven't after a month has gone by since I reported it. They keep giving me the run around it seems. I guess I have to lie to them and say it tripped a 3rd time so they really come out... but I am just going to let it fly since it has been ok now for 4 weeks. Doesn't speak well to their business though, they don't honor their word.

So I thought... 20 Amp tripped again after 2 days since the initial service call. However, I turned it back on and it seems to be staying on now for the last 36 hrs. Now waiting for another service call visit.

Well just to follow up, the dealer never made the 2nd service call. Since the breaker hasn't tripped again, they aren't too worried about it. However they told me they would come back out just for peace of mind but still haven't after a month has gone by since I reported it. They keep giving me the run around it seems. I guess I have to lie to them and say it tripped a 3rd time so they really come out... but I am just going to let it fly since it has been ok now for 4 weeks. Doesn't speak well to their business though, they don't honor their word.

They wouldn't be able to do anything, other than pat you n the head. Wait until it trips, then call.