Received This Today

n1oty

Sorry folks, but this is my final post. Below is what I received and my response in return. In the end, this is not my site and I am not going to be compelled to violate my ethics.

John

Sent Today, 07:10 PM

webmaster, on 03 Sept 2013 - 1:22 PM, said:

Welcome to the PSF.

Dear n1ory,

We noticed that several of your posts are blatantly disparaging against 1 or more spa brands which is in violation of our posting policy. As a spa professional you are welcome to promote spa ownership and/or answer specific technical questions, but you must refrain from making specific claims about a brand that can not be proven.

Thank you for your cooperation

Well, I don't wish to step on any toes. It would be helpful for me to know which specific posts you object to, as this is very vague. In some cases regarding specific manufacturers NOT standing by customers, I have the appropriate documentation with names, addresses, dates, account numbers, etc, especially regarding some of the crap that Master pulls.

For the record, I do not sell hot tubs. I have no agenda regarding steering people to or from any particular brand. I can supply references from many dealers selling many different brands of tubs regarding my skill and knowledge across the industry.

May I suggest that a more appropriate method for handling issues of this type is to simply not allow the non-professionals to ask for opinions regarding the various brands. I have certainly not been the only pro on this board to respond to the requests for our opinions regarding just about every brand under the sun. I am also not the only pro to point out the problem manufacturers. Rather than having to scold us pro's after the fact, why don't you simply not allow such requests to be made in the first place?? Make a sticky concerning the matter and delete any offending posts once someone asks. Then you'll never have pro's rendering a judgement and the only remaining public posts will be technical in nature. Frankly, much of this is due to the fact that you DO let non-professionals post these types of questions and they receive biased responses from some knucklehead who just bought his first tub at Costco six months before and he is convinced that it is the finest tub ever made!!!

I'll refrain from further posts on your board. This is your sand box and it is your rules. I can respect that, but I will not be a willing participant while you let unprofessional opinions continue uncorrected. I have an engineering background (I attended USMA at West Point), plus hold licenses for gas equipment and refrigeration. I am on the study committee here in Massachusetts that is steering Senate Bill 85, which may bring licensing of this trade to this state. I also perform professional forensics analysis/consulting for insurance and engineering firms when one of these pieces of equipment catches fire and there is a significant loss. I have 29 years of experience working on jetted tubs, hot tubs, sauna, steam, gas pool heaters and heat pumps. I believe that I provided very good information in the posts that I have made to date. I'm sorry that you feel that my professional opinion regarding a question or circumstance posed by a non-professional member of your board is somehow disparaging and/or inappropriate. Well, I'm not about to compromise my ethics, so I'll just move on.

Sorry,

John

This is ridiculous. I wonder if someone complained about the wrong person. Anyone who has been here awhile knows n1oty is extremely helpful to people who have spa issues and are looking for advice in one way or another. I don't remember him slamming any brands really and if the day comes where we can't give our opinion to others why would spa owners and shoppers come here?

I have known john for a number of years now. He is by far the best tech I have seen out in the field. Whether it be a hot spring, dreammaker and everything in between this guy can fix anything. His biggest problem is he tells it like it is and some people get turned off by this apparently a poster on here even. I think this forum is making a mistake letting a poster of this quality go