Spa Overheating- Any Techs That Service Rhode Island And Southern Massachusetts?

angler

Hello,

I am looking for a qualified, competent service technician in Rhode Island/ Southern Massachusetts to repair my spa.

I have a 2007 Sundance Cameo that has worked without any issues whatsoever until last week. Started to notice temperature rising above setpoint with cover off, even above the lockout max temp of 104 (got up to 105 when I turned the jets off). Wondering if it is a temperature sensor problem? I did a quick shut off and turn on without resolution. I have read on other threads here that the filter could be an issue. The filter probably does need to be changed but I have had it in worse condition and never had a problem.

If I turn the jets off, will this shut the heater off? My concern is that the heater could be running 24/7, even when spa is not running and jet pumps and circulator pumps are off. Is there a way to check? Should I turn power off to the spa?

Any ideas for a quick, speedy resolution to this problem? If not, could I get a couple of names of good service techs (presumably who post on this forum) that serve my area?

Thanks

I take it that your tub was purchased out of New England Spas. Have you called them for service??? If you post your location, I can refer you to the closest, competent servicer. I know all of the good and bad techs around here.

John

• 3 weeks later...

John,

Thank you for your offer. Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

Based on some things I read on this forum I changed the filter a few days ago and it looks like it may have fixed the problem but still not sure. I'll need to watch it a bit longer to make sure it isn't heating above the set point.

I did buy from New England Spas. I have nothing against them, they did a fair and competent job with the sale and install. However, from things I have read here, it seems it can be hit or miss with the service tech you get. I didn't want to take a chance with just anyone coming out to perform service. If you could let me know of a couple of good local techs that would be great and much appreciated. I'm sure I will need them at some point in the future whether or not the present issue is already corrected as my spa is now 6 years old. I live in Wrentham.

Your best bet for the Wrentham area is either New England Spas or myself. I doubt a dirty filter would give you temperature regulation issues unless it is also accompanied by FLO error messages. Watch it and report back, but this is generally a failing temp sensor and/or circuit board. FLO error messages would generally be caused by defective flow switches or circ pumps.

John

John,

So far it looks like it may be fixed. It hasn't gone above setpoint. I increased the setpoint temp and immediately the filter pump kicked in to heat the pool. I don't know if the process of shutting down the hottub, draining it, and replacing the filter somehow rebooted it but whatever happened I'll take it! If I'm wrong or it starts doing it again I'll give you a call. I looked you up- didn't realize you were right in my backyard.

Thanks