Spa Time!

Just out of curiosity. How long do most of you soak in your hot tubs on a average?!?

I'm good for about 15 minutes or so. I'd stay in longer but my wife starts to dream up projects she thinks we should do around the house. Last night was a typical night, she got in about 5 minutes before me and stayed about 10 minutes longer than me.

We are very interested to hear responses because we seem to spend an inordinate amount of time in our tub! :D My husband and I tub 6-7 days a week, anywhere from 40:00 to 1:20:00.

We set up our hot tub environment to accomodate long soaks and be totally entertaining. Here's what I mean:

• We got a too-large tub for just the two of us so we can easily slide around to all the different seats playing musical jets
  • We live rurally on 30 acres, with big open sky and no trees obstructing the view. Made more fun by being 15 miles from the airport in flight paths. And we are in a fly-over state.
  • The city lights are in the distance and we can see fireworks from the stadium 14 miles away, search lights from events and sometimes fun with helicopters. :P
  • My husband's lifelong obsession with astronomy is now full-blown and he's teaching me a ton. Now I know where/when the moon will come up. LOL
  • There's never a fear of someone popping over a fence or appearing around the corner.
  • We made music easy with the big Jawbone + IPOD and 5000 songs
  • We keep the temperature 99-102 depending on the season so heat doesn't chase us out of the tub
  • The box fan makes tubbing in any weather delightful, especially when there is no breeze.
  • Spazzaz spa salts are just, well....DELIGHTFUL!
  • Big thick spa robes right by the tub are cozy
  • We made an agreement to never tub if we are 1) mad or mad at each other - married 26 years. It happens. ;) 2) if we don't feel well for some reason and 3) we aren't allowed to talk about anything negative whilst tubbing. So no bad-day-at-work talk! We associate tubbing with a daily mental vacation (or escape from reality. Whatever works.)

FYI: We have a 2012 Bullfrog 662. And we have all those jets on high about 40% of the time.

And that's why we can spend so much time in the tub!

I'd love to know about other folks ambiance.. :)

Kelley