Ohh Code On 2005 Marquis Epic

spanorth

I came out to find a flashing OHH Code on the display panel. Nothing else is running or works. Display buttons don't function either. I turned power off and back on and the display never gets to the prime code like it normally does when it starts up. Can anyone tell me where to start with the troubleshooting process? I have searched and some say bad pumps, or motors or sensors or boards. I just don't know where to start. The local deal is over a week out before they can get to come look at it. I guess that's fine, I usually prefer to fix things myself.

The OHH code occurs when the sensors detect an overheat situation in the heater, this can be caused by plugged filters, or hi outdoor temps causing the spa to overheat as it filters.

If you have two identical temp sensors located on either side of the heater, you need two of these: (shop around)

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Balboa-32016-24in-Temp--Hi-Limit-Sensor-with-14in-Bulb-for-VAL--LE--M7-System/32016.htm?ecmpid=aw_pla_search_32016&adtype=paid&utm_campaign=aw_plaMain&gclid=CKHngPSeprgCFQ1xQgodVxkAYA

I went to the dealer this morning and they only had 1 sensor in stock, so I grabbed it. I tried installing it at both locations. No change...display still flashes OHH before I even see Pr on the display.

I tested the Ohms of both original sensors and the new one (I suppose I should have done this first). Everything is testing within spec according to this chart: http://www.spacare.com/balboasensorresistancevalues.aspx

I also tried changing the dip switch to "test mode" and there is no change. But I was just guessing that this might bypass the sensors altogether.

Both sensors have not been replaced with new ones. Same problem, no change.

I also tried unplugging all lights, Ozone kit, heater, and both motors from the circuit board. Same problem, no change.

I suspect I am now looking at a circuit board problem....

What do I try next?

After talking with a spa circuit board repair service they suggested I send it to them and it was likely a board problem. That seems to make sense as it seems there is not much else it could be at this point. So, I packed up the board and control panel and sent it off for repair.

I hope this fixes it!

Do you have good flow through the heater in standard filter mode?

There is no flow. Nothing is running. Just OHH flashing.

I did remove the filters early in the trouble shooting process with no change.

The next step I would of taken would of been to disconnect the heater, isolate the wires, and see if the pump runs.

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to update this post with the final outcome. I sent the board in for repair to SpaCare.com. They were very helpful walking me through trouble shooting, until eventually it had to be sent in. It was diagnosed to "Replace 9 volt zener diode." Whatever that is. Cost was $160, shipped. A far cry from a replacement board at $700. They were good at communicating through the process. I shipped it on the 13th and I got it back on the 29th. I reinstalled it and everything is working fine.

My only complaint was the terrible packaging for the return shipment. They used the same box, with half the packaging I used and the box was crushed and had a large hole in the side of it. I had put the board in a static proof bubble wrap envelope and the lots of other bubble wrap. Upon return, the static proof bubble envelope was laying in the bottom of the box and hadn't even been used. Any decent tech would know what it is and would re-use it. I am actually quite surprised it even worked considering how bad the box looked. I wouldn't use them again for this reason.