New Pump

I purchased a Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS to replace my old Hayward Superpump. I have a Pentair Intellichlor IC40 salt system with. polaris 280 cleaner. Everything on my old system ran thru my timer, with the new pump having its own control should I take it off the timer? I also read that the IC40 did not have to be connected to a timer, is that correct?

I am thinking if this is true the only thing that I will run on the timer is the Polaris. I still have to figure out the programming on the pump to save me the most in energy. Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

David

• 1 month later...

Yes, you can take it off the timer, however...

If you have a power failure, the pump timer will recover with the correct time, Your time clocks (that keep time for the cleaner pump) will not, and no longer be synchronized with the filter pump timer. It may be possible at that point that your cleaner pump will run without the filter pump running. I would continue to run the ic40 on a timer for added protection.