We purchased a C45 caldera spa which is used. My husband ran all the electrical. We have the breaker box which is new. The gfci is popping on this box. The breaker in the house is fine. Not popping. We thought it was a bad breaker so we went back to Home Depot and got another breaker. He put the new breaker in and it is doing the same thing. We are having the electrician come out and check the spa later today. I hear that each motor should be checked separately, as well as the heater and other parts to try to figure out what may be wrong. The spa runs for a few minutes then the breaker pops.

We had just a few jets on at first and it popped then we tried again with all the jets on and still the same problem.

When we first went to look at the spa the seller turned on just a few jets. My husband said that the seller didn't have a gfci hooked into the spa and just ran it to his home breaker box.

Any ideas??

It's hooked up correctly. Our electrician told my husband how to hook it up. It's still popping.

It could be a few things but the neutral is commonly the issue here and we often hear "yes, its hooked up correctly" as a default answer but until someone with an open mind and an understanding of what should be done rechecks it I would still question it. I've seen pros screw it up let alone someone who took directions from one and did it themselves.

Hi Rosanna (and Brian!),

Thanks for calling us today. Keep us posted if you need anything else!

-Steve

---Caldera Spas---

Rosanna,

Call us back when you can and ask for customer service. 800-669-1881.

Thanks,

Steve

---Caldera Spas---