2002 Hotspring Spa Prodigy Leak...

elav

Hello. I have a 2002 Hotspring Spa Prodigy that was in perfect working order. Yesterday I turned on the clean cycle and noticed a trickle of water coming out of the vent located at the bottom of the tub in the front corner on the left side of the tub (where the circular hole with wire mesh is). The leak can be varied in flow by adjusting the jet selector dial. The main compartment where the heater and controls are is dry but I noticed the black 3-way connector (with 2x 3/4" tubes and 1x 1/8" tube) has a little water in the vertical 3/4" tube and the 3/4" horizontal tube.

Can anyone tell me what this three way pipe does and if this can be the cause of my new leak? I read somewhere that this pipe is no longer used in newer models. If this is the issue, what part do I need to order? I took pictures that you can view here: https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A25yeZFhMx3GE

Hopefully you can see the water I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Cheers!

Alan

If it's leaking from that valve (a common issue with that valve), it will migrate to the heater vent on the outside of the spa, under one of the exterior corners (where the "dryer" hose off the jet pump is vented) you'll feel a metal grate, and hot air when the pump is running. If it's not leaking there, don't worry about it.

And yes, that valve was only used for a year or two before it was replaced with a Hartford Loop and a bullet style check valve back in the early 2002 or 2003 IIRC

Awesome and thank you! I've read up on the valve I have and it looks like it is actuated by a vacuum from the pump and is suppose to return (or close) via a plunger that is spring loaded. I can see how that could fail over time (like 11 years) and it makes perfect sense that this is my issue as the leak started happened when I selected the clean cycle. Thanks again!

Hey elav,

Hope you're well! Just as a follow up to your post I wanted to let you know that this repair is very simple. Remove the old air intake check valve and install what we call a Hartford Loop Kit, part# 72701.

Drop us a line if we can further help? 800-999-4688, ext. 8432.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---