Pool Heater

I have the Pentair Easy Touch. When I want to turn my pool heater on, I use my easy touch buttons and my pool heater will turn on, however, since my filter is scheduled to shut off at 8pm, the pool heater will shut off at 8pm. How do I make my filter to stay on as long as my pool heater?

Either extend the filter run time (program) or go out to the Easytouch panel at the equipment, and turn the filter on from there (leave it in auto mode).

If you want it to do this from now on, go the program route. If it is just a one time deal, turn it on at the equipment. It will stay on till it is supposed to turn off the next day, if you don't go back and turn off.

Thanks. The pool is somewhat new to me so I am trying to figure things out. Last night I was going out to dinner and I knew that I wanted to go for a swim when I got home. I used the easy touch buttons to turn the pool heater on. So I was surprised that when I got home, it had turned off. I figured it was because the filter turned off at 8. So, if I want to do this again, even though the filter is already on, I would push the filter button on the control panel near the equipment and it will continue to stay on after the 8pm shut off time?

It gets a signal to turn off at 8pm, Every day. If you turn it on at 8:05 you are good. If you push the filter button at 7:55 it will turn off and stay off till the program turns on in the morning, or whenever the program is set to turn on.