Hot Springs Jetsetter - Are They All Convertible?

i am looking at a used Hot Springs Jetsetter tub, and the owner says it is running 220V. I was previously under the impression that these were convertible tubs - were there any of this model that were 220V only? I asked the seller and they didn't know, so I thought I would see if anyone here might have an answer.

If it is indeed a convertible, but they only used it as a 220V tub, would I need anything in addition to the tub to run it as a 110V tub somwhere else?

Many customers are under the false impression their 20amp 120v spas are running 220v, because the plug for 20 amp 120v is a little different than a 15 amp 120v receptacle.

If it was made after 1997, there is no chance of it being 220v only, and it will run perfectly on either 20 amp 120v, or properly wired 240v.

Many customers are under the false impression their 20amp 120v spas are running 220v, because the plug for 20 amp 120v is a little different than a 15 amp 120v receptacle.

If it was made after 1997, there is no chance of it being 220v only, and it will run perfectly on either 20 amp 120v, or properly wired 240v.

Thank you for your reply. The seller says it is a 2006 model, and that they have a 220V breaker for it. What would I need to do then to run it on 120V?

I have never had a 120V spa before, can they plug in to a regular outlet (provided it is on a circuit with adequate amps) or does it need something beyond that? You said the plug is different for 20amp than it is for 15amp, do you mean the plug is physically different and would not plug in to a regular outlet?

All you need to do is to look at the sticker on the back of the control box cover, and add jumper onto the terminal block (where the poer cord connects to the circuit board) as the picture describes for 120v operation of that model, then move a couple of small program jumpers (more in the middle of the control box) as pictured on the describes on the control box for 120v operation of that model.

This is a 20a 120v plug

20A-5-20P.jpg

Code requires a DEDICATED electrical circuit supplies a spa (dedicated = NOTHING else, no outlets or anything else on the circuit).

Thank you for clarifying that; it was what I was starting to expect from some of what I had seen but it is always good to hear it confirmed from someone who knows more about this than I do (which of course is a very long list of people). Hence it seems like most likely I would need an electrician to get things ready for a tub regardless of whether it is 120V or 240V.