Inground Pool Leaking

mdevoe2005

Hi, I have a pool that is 5 mos. old and I have been noticing that the ground around the pool where the pump is , is always wet and I live in AZ. I turned the pump off for 2 days and the water level did not drop very much so am wondering how to tell if it is leaking from the plumbing. I am gettin no help from the contractor. And my water bill is very high. The pressure guage reads 28psi. Thanks,Marie

Do you have a limited warranty on leaks? Insist the contractor addresses the problem. If not you may have to get a shovel and start digging, but this should not be your problem on a new pool!

agreed, if that guy won't come back after 5 months, then he does not deserve to get anyone's money for anything.

if you see the wetness, then it's an easy find. if you shut the pool and it did not leak as much, then look for a leak in the return line going back to the pool. once you dig it up, call this guy back or another professional to fix it. don't use plumbers fittings from the home depot, they are not mean for this kind of pressure.