Jandy Lxi 400 Heater Only Burns For A Few Seconds

JohnES

I am having trouble getting my heater to start this year.

It is a Jandy LXi 400 NG

The pump is running well so there should be good water flow. When I turn it on the fan starts up, after 10-15 seconds there is a click and the gas turns on (can smell it), a couple of seconds after that it lights and produces strong heat for about 5 seconds and then the heat stops. It does this 2 more times and then gives the standard IGN CONTROL error.

I have tried vacuuming out via the access at the top. I played with the air intake adjuster at the side, seems to be in the correct position as if I move it too much either way it doesn't even light . I opened the airbox and unscrewed the brass gas jets (not sure of the correct term). I couldn't get those all the way out but I was able to blow compressed air into them.

The heater does this each year but typically starts up after a few tries. This year I cannot get it going. Is there anywhere else I should try cleaning?

Thanks,

John

• 8 years later...