Jandy Lx250 Heater Not Heating

JNC

I have a Jandy LX 250, about 8 years old. It is connected throught the fireman's switch to a Jandy RS6 control center. Both thermostats (pool & Spa) on the heater are set to max. The heater will come on and bring the water up to the temperature set on the control center. When the water temperature drops, the control center activates, however the heater doesn't come one. I hear the blower fan for maybe a minute. then nothing. No error lights, and the spa or heater light remain solid. Rather than start blinking when the burns are light. I hear no ignition clicks.

It seems after it sits for a while, the heater will come on, and the process will start all over again. I have replaced the temperature sensor, and cleaned the flame sensor.

Any thought on what the problem may be?

Thanks,

If there are no error codes then, it doesn't sound like the heater is the issue. It may be the RS6. An easy way to find out is to jumper the fireman's switch and adjust the local thermostat to something well below MAX. If the heater cycles successfully a few times then obviously its the RS6.

You may have a cracked igniter that operates when cold then when it is warm, the crack opens and wont glow again.

Once the heater has done its thing the first time, take the igniter out and try to cycle the heater on, if you get a fan, it should try to light. See if the igniter will glow outside the heater. Turn the gas valve outside the heater (not the control gas valve) off first.

Note: If when you get the igniter out if you can see that it is cracked (white crust on the igniter), stop, and replace the igniter.