Jacuzzi J-425

Jwolf

Hi everyone, we are in the process of selecting a hot tub (most likely jacuzzi), and we were looking at the j-425. Does anyone on here have one that can answer some questions? First, is there a good amount of legroom? We weren't able to sit in one at our dealer because they don't stock this unit. How does it compare to say a j-325? Also, how would the j-425 compare to something like the sundance 880 Marin?

Thanks, any advice or pictures would be awesome!

Hi everyone, we are in the process of selecting a hot tub (most likely jacuzzi), and we were looking at the j-425. Does anyone on here have one that can answer some questions? First, is there a good amount of legroom? We weren't able to sit in one at our dealer because they don't stock this unit. How does it compare to say a j-325? Also, how would the j-425 compare to something like the sundance 880 Marin?

Thanks, any advice or pictures would be awesome!

I can't answer your question directly but thats probably close to a $10k spa so I'd want to sit in one before I bought it. We always advise people when they come here with questions that wet testing is a key step in the decision making process so I'd let that dealer know I couldn't think about one without testing it or I'd at least go to the Jacuzzi website and use the dealer locator to see if there is another Jacuzzi dealer close enough to visit and if so I'd call and see if they have one avaible to test.

dont have the 425 but did wet test one. I found it to be a bit small feeling. Seats are pretty defined, not much room to just kinda float around. Was just me in it but seemed like you would be very foot friendly if you had four people.

That said the seats were very comfortable, jets where nice.

I have 2 young kids so i wanted some room so not getting splashed in the face all the time, and some nice flat bench type seating was important to me.

I would wet test as many different shapes, sizes and brands as you can. The more you are in them the more features you find that matter to you and what you want to do with your tub.

The j-425 is very cozy for four, the creatively angled seats give you more room than you normally get out of a spa that is under 7 ft square, but I wouldn't describe it as "roomy" Everyone's personal space is a factor, I prefer a spa of at least 90" before I get comfortable with four people in the tub.

Then again, I don't drink Tequila any more either :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone who responded :) ..we wet tested the J-470 to get a feeling of what the jacuzzi's would feel like in general. We very much liked the seats on it, and the dealer told us the corner seats are the same (with less legroom, anyway). We ordered this tub, and should have it in 3 to 5 weeks !! Now onto learning about water chemistry, which i've been reading a little on :huh: