Hot Springs Flashing Power Light Question

mfDB

I'm looking for help with my 2002 Hot Springs Sovereign. The power light is flashing red.

I know this has been discussed a few times here, but I was hoping to get more specifics. My circ pump was replaced by a tech about 1 1/2 years back. So, this is what I've done so far.

1- removed the filters and reset the breaker (a few times). Plus, tapped on the circ pump.

2- removed the circ pump, opened it to look for debris and visible damage. It was fine.

3- put a voltage meter on the circ pump cable, it was fine.

When I turn on the power at the breaker, the spa tries to kick on. It makes a hiss and a clicking noise a few times and I can see water trying to flow out(?) of the heater(?), but its kind of just sloshing around. After anywhere from 20 to 60 seconds, it stops trying to come on and the light starts flashing. The temp is at 98.

Should I snake out the line from the heater into the tub (something I've read in other posts). Or does any of this indicate that I do (or do not) need to replace the thermistors?

Any help is appreciated, thank!

I'm not convinced the circ pump is "fine"

In your assessment, did you determine if it (the circ pump) is works? Getting voltage is no guarantee works, nor is looking at the impellor. It sounds as though the circ pump has failed, the heater energizes, and rapidly overheats, tripping the electronic high limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Try removing the filter and reserting the breakers leave the filters out push the breakers back in and see if the jets work, and the blinking stops, if they do work then your filters are not clean enough. I had to clean my filters really well to get everything working again

@PreservedSwine

- thanks for the input. Is there any other way for me to test the circ pump before just buying a new one?

I think the replacement we got about a 1 1/2 years ago might be a cheap-o. Somewhere else in the forum world, I saw that there are 2 models of circ pump that should be used. Whaterever they were named (I forget) does not match what mine is called. So, maybe it did go out. Since my last post I did snake the line out and I put a hose up to it and water did flow out of the bottom of the tub, so it's not clogged.

@Sman4444 - Thanks, I did remove the filters and reset the breakers a numer of times with no sucsess.