Sundance Optima 2012 Think We R Over Paying

Bockov

From our wet tests, we love the optima but can only find one dealer. He is long established and decent yelp review, but from looking in this forum his price seems high. We are in New England Area. Dealer says it was filled and put outside as demo last month because they got a new Covana and needed to put a tub out to show it. This is the last 2012 optima they have in stock and he says it is a top seller for this level tub he quoted 13,000 at first. We thoroughly looked it over and there isn't a mark on that we could find. He also has HotSprings but we really liked the Optima hands down. (Also saw a caldera at another dealer but can't wet test)

2012 Sundance optima ... $11,000. (No stereo). He will not budge lower

Cover, Lifter

Cd ozone 220v added

Delivery

Starter chlorine kit

Spa mineral purifier

$100 toward chemicals in lieu of steps

I bought a 2013 Sundance Optima for just about what you are looking at. The 2012 and 2013 are almost identical but the 2013 comes with the new sound system if wanted. I did get the Bluewave sound system in mine. Now here is how I was able to get it at that price with the sound system, I'm giving the store owner and two employees golf lessons for the better deal.

New England prices are going to be affected by the shipping cost of nearly 3500 miles of transit from San Diego.

It's not really "fair" to compare it to say, and Oregon or AZ price.

You are obviously talking about the company called New England Spas. One other thing to keep in mind is that NE Spas is one of the very few dealers in eastern Mass with a competent service department. No extra charges or shady tactics. I could tell you horror stories about another dealer in that area that charges all sorts of fees such as a "scheduling fee" just to get on the service schedule. They are also one of very few dealers in Mass who are aware of the possibility of service licensing coming to the state and their service department is on top of it. I know because I talk frequently with the head of service. If this licensing thing becomes reality, there will be many hot tub dealers in the tough position of not being able to service what they have sold. I don't think that will be an issue with NE Spas.

John

Wow John, you made me feel sooo much better about our purchase (we are still in the deposit timeframe). They seemed very knowledgable and not pushy at all. We are going back for anoher wet test this weekend for my husband and with a neighbor who is also interested. I'll ask about the licensing also and see what the say.

Thank you.

The sales people will not know anything about the potential licensing of service techs. You'll probably have to speak with Jay in the service department if you wish to discuss that particular issue and I believe he works Monday to Friday. I can say that I have exchanged emails with him as recently as today on the issue. I am one of the members of the state wide committee that is examining and steering pending legislation in the Mass Senate (Senate Bill 85). Jay is aware of everything regarding the committee's work up through our latest meeting this past Monday. If you call around to other spa dealerships, you'll find some are on top of this, some know of its existence and some are utterly clueless. I'm simply pointing out that the folks at this particular dealership that should be on top of this issue are actually on top of this issue. They are very professional people.

I understand that you want to get the best value possible for your money. I feel that value is not just defined by the purchase price. There are some dealers around here that sell on thin margins and then ignore the customer. You will not have that at NE Spas. Parts and supplies are readily available. Service is readily available.

John