Help! Very Mysterious Catastrophic Water Disappearance!

I have a Jacuzzi 345, 8 months old. Last night I used the tub (everything totally normal), then added chlorine when I got out. I left the cover open as usual but when I went out 20 minutes later to shut the cover, 2/3 of the water in the tub was GONE! The water level was at the second row of jets up from the bottom in the therapy seat, so it is still above the level of the seats and the foot well intake, but probably below the filter intakes. There was water on the ground on the left side of and behind the tub. The jet pumps were off but the circ pump and heater were running, and the temp read 95 instead of the 103 that it was 15 min earlier. I powered off the tub because the circ pump motor sounded funny and of course I didn't want the jets to come on when it wasn't full. This morning my husband took the cabinets off and found NO evidence of any water anywhere inside the cabinet. The drain plug was still on tight. The manufacturing dust was still evenly coating the floor of the cabinet. I'm sure it could be hard to find a slow leak, but this was CATASTROPHIC, with hundred of gallons disappearing in minutes. Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? It was like the water was rapidly pumped out and dumped on the ground while I wasn't looking. I called our dealer and they said the service tech would "get back to me within 24 hours" I'm worried that any water in the hoses will freeze since it will be around 20 degrees tonight, and sitting there unheated for over 24 hours. I'm also worried that the circ pump and heater may have been damaged since they were running while the water was so low, and sounded funny. Is there any harm in me filling the tub (with cold tap water of course), and turning it on to try to heat it before it freezes tonight?

My only theory is that while the jets were on, some air got sucked into the system and caused some of the jets to spout water out of the tub like a hose, and maybe as the level got lower, more jets started sucking air and spouting out of the tub, and it quickly emptied the tub. I've never seen anything like that happen in the 240 times I have used the tub.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

What can happen is if the check valve that controls the air venturi fails you can have a scenario where the water siphons out backwards thru the jets and out the air feed line.

Thanks for your reply!

If that is the situation, is there any harm in filling and heating? Could I try running the jets once filled to see what happens, and turn them off if it starts siphoning the water again? Where would I see the water going/coming out if it is the check valve?

Thanks for your reply!

If that is the situation, is there any harm in filling and heating? Could I try running the jets once filled to see what happens, and turn them off if it starts siphoning the water again? Where would I see the water going/coming out if it is the check valve?

Simply fill it, if you want to find the leak you will probably have to fill the tub over-full, the condition it is in when being used to duplicate the problem and find it.