New Grandee In Home

Hi all, have been lurking here and reading/learning. Today we got our Grandee delivered. Was a challenge even with a crane to get it up on our deck which is new and purpose built for it.

It surely is taking its time heating up, now up to 80. I am showered and waiting to jump in. Anyway I can speed up the heating?

On the good side, the unit went OK on the salt level when it warmed up (has the ACE salt system), the vanishing act is doing its thing and I have PH + and - at hand. A test initially when we were filling up with city water showed us to be not too far off.

This is our first Spa and we look forward to comments and suggestions.

Congratulations on the new tub. When my tub was delivered and filled for the first time it took 9 hours to go from a water temp 52 degrees to 100 degrees. Outside air temp was 30 degrees. It will get up to temp soon and then you can dive in.

Mine did start heating faster as it got warmer...still, like you, not fast enough though. Congrats on your tub. I'm amazed how much I love ours. I was rather indifferent about the whole idea. I did it for my wife...sure glad I did!

Using the hot water from the house is a good idea if you want to get things up to temp fast. You have to be careful if you have any kind of a soft water system for the inside water. Using straight soft water for the tub is not a good idea.

Be really careful adding hot water to the tub, it can both confuse the electronics and damage your spa if it is too high a temp.

Patience is the best solution.