H2X Propusion Motor Repair?

I have a 16' H2X swimspa that I bought used and had for 6 months and the propusion motor quit working. It had been working but the propusion was getting weaker. I drained it for new water and found that the blades on the propeller were broken off. How long had they been missing? I don't know. Got the new 3 blade propeller, filled the tub, and fired up the swim spa. TSUNAMI!! After 2 days to heat the water I went to use it and it didn't work. My electrician friend and I checked all the connections we could find. I am getting 36v to the motor so I think the bearings and or motor may be shot. Has anybody rebuilt one of these 36 volt motors? The new one is $900!

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Clyde

• 7 months later...

clyde, I would guess you've already done something about this. And I would guess that Brian above is a spammer.

You may have nearby electrical motor rebuilders that can help with problems like this. It may need just new brushes or brushes and minor dressing of the armature. This may be a lot less than $900 for a new/rebuilt motor.

• 3 months later...

Do you have this hooked up to a GFCI like they say to do? My H2X would always cut out and not run the motor until I took it off. A contractor pal of mine who is also an electrician said his home water fresh water well tank pump would do the same thing. The starting and stopping of the motor can trip the GFCI.

• 1 month later...

I have a 16' H2X swimspa that I bought used and had for 6 months and the propusion motor quit working. It had been working but the propusion was getting weaker. I drained it for new water and found that the blades on the propeller were broken off. How long had they been missing? I don't know. Got the new 3 blade propeller, filled the tub, and fired up the swim spa. TSUNAMI!! After 2 days to heat the water I went to use it and it didn't work. My electrician friend and I checked all the connections we could find. I am getting 36v to the motor so I think the bearings and or motor may be shot. Has anybody rebuilt one of these 36 volt motors? The new one is $900!

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Clyde

Another thought. I bought my H2X used. A 2007. The Propeller bearings, NOT the motor bearings, were just toast--gravelly and grinding sounding. I figured out how to replace them and the water seal that had allowed them to get rusted, for far less than $100

Master spas wanted $500 or so, for a new shaft. You can contact me to get a parts list if you go this route. You will need someone with a small hydraulic press.