Concentrated Clorox

fishn4life

Anyone out there using the new Clorox concentrated bleach (8.25%)?

I noticed the also have a clorox germicidal bleach and was wondering if that would be better to use :wacko: ?

http://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-concentrated-germicidal-bleach/ingredients-and-safety/

Any thoughts?

I've been using it (non-germicidal) for a couple of weeks now. No noticiable effects.

I just use about 25% less than the old... about three ounces every other day instead of four ounces.

Just a small bit of info; The "concentrated" 8.25% is actually between 6% and 4% by the time you go to put it in your spa. Bleach sold as 6% can be as low as 3% by the time you purchase it. Liquid Chlorine has a very short life and degrades quickly. I get wholesale 12% and it is listed as 10% by trade due to the fast degredation. We started in the fall to order 19% from a distributor and its 17% by trade. So remember what it is listed as on the bottle deduct it by 2% when doing calculations or using the bleach calculator.

Thanks for the info...I guess as long as the FC, TA, and PH stay where you want them it's all good.

If anyone has any info on hot tub use with the new clorox germicidal please pass it along. Also, what's with the new required bleach formulas?

I'll look for 12% bleach, I don't care what % it is as long as it equals "cost effective" in the long run. :D

According to http://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-concentrated-regular-bleach/faq/'>this FAQ from Clorox:

We’ve done a great deal of research to ensure we are meeting consumer’s needs. Because the product will be concentrated, the new Clorox® Bleach bottle will be easier to handle and easier to use in high-efficiency washing machines, which have built-in bleach dispensers. In addition, the concentrated formula will provide improved whitening on clothes and be able to kill viruses like norovirus on hard surfaces. And because the size of the bottle will be smaller, we can significantly reduce the amount of water used in bleach and the amount of packaging used, which is better for the environment.