Damaged Walls In Vinyl Liner Inground Pool

tgstrat

Two years ago a local builder cut into my walls to fix plumbing. He didn't do a very good patch job on the licence plate size holes. You can feel the patch through the liner and it is obviously letting ground water and dirt seep behind the liner. He is no longer in business and I wouldn't call him if he was. How can I as a homeowner fix this the right way?

Well i Would have to say to do this right you would have to pull liner out and weld a wall plate in. I never hered of some one cutting a wall for a plumbing leak. Our you could fill hole in with porland cement then make sure you have wall faom between wall and liner . i know some companys dont use wall foam pad . But good luck with that one hope this helps!

and hopethis helps

Two years ago a local builder cut into my walls to fix plumbing. He didn't do a very good patch job on the licence plate size holes. You can feel the patch through the liner and it is obviously letting ground water and dirt seep behind the liner. He is no longer in business and I wouldn't call him if he was. How can I as a homeowner fix this the right way?

sounds like you have concrete walls behind the liner. I agree with the previous poster is wondering why anyone would cut steel walls for a plumbing repair.

if your liner is not more than a few (3 or less) years old, peel it back, waterplug around the cruddy holes, and put some foam padding in, that will stop it from "snotting" up

you could also powerwash, patch, and seal the walls at the next line change.