eBay hot tubs

Guest Peggy

Has anyone bought a hot tub on eBay? There are several manufacturers who sell directly on eBay? I am reluctant to buy one sight unseen. My husband feels the savings is too great to pass it up!

Thanks

Peggy

Guest spatech (the unreal one)

You're getting a bargain price but it's also just a bargain type spa (not steak at a hamburger price). Also tell him to be prepared to take on the task of spa service man as you'll be on your own to figure out how to hook it up and with any problems you incur at start up or over the years it's in service (if they promised some type of warranty or help in any way forget it). If he's a real handy guy and you're only looking for a basic spa then maybe it'll do fine but it's a crapshoot no matter how you look at it IMO.

Guest coloradcrusader

I have sold Hottubs on E-Bay but after shipping you generally aren't able to save enough to forgo buying from your local dealers and support after the sale is a major part of the entire purchase! Good Luck!

Guest Guest_Dr. Spa_*

"There are several manufacturers who sell directly on eBay?"

I don't believe any MANUFACTURER is selling directly on ebay. They're simply resellers of the brand of spa, just like a retailer.

I emailed a few of the Ebay dealers, and all had the same canned response back - Our warranties vary with EACH model. Notice, not each brand, but EACH MODEL! So you may get spa A from XYZ and it might have a 1 yr warranty, and spa B from same co. line may be 90 days, might be two years. All also said same thing - we have nationwide service (translation: it breaks, you find someone to fix it in your part of the nation, and send us the bill).

Not worth the hassle. Buy local. Last time I checked, they havent come up with a way to wet test via cyberspace as of yet, LOL.

Guest Longfellow

E bay can be great for certain things...but its a crap shoot with many items and much of the stuff on there is over priced....Spas no real bargain there you are going to get what you pay for ....not many people are reinventing the wheel so to speak......I bought a cell phone there recently and I am very happy with it....but it was a phone that was intended to be sold in Latin America and not the US...it works for me.....but it is also an example of how you might not be getting exactly what you think you are.

Guest Guest_Dr. Spa_*

Rick............ you think maybe these ebay sellers have a deal going with some manufacturers and are getting their "seconds" to sell on ebay? My take on the line about different warranties for different models kind of says that (different seconds could easily have different warranties). It also could be that they're selling many different brands, and it's the different brands that have different warranties.

Longfellow, you SAID it about being overpriced. I used to sell cover lifters on ebay. Every auction I started at one penny, and it wasn't unusual to get $150.00 PLUS shipping..................... for a cover lifter I normally got $125.00, shipping included, on our web site.

ebay has become a world wide appraisal service. If you want to know what just about anything is worth, find it on ebay and see what it sells for.

I woud say it is not a good idea to buy such a large and expensive item on Ebay. I think ebay is great but you have to know what you are buying and what shipping will cost. I found ebay a good source of information on what is available and can give you an idea of what the lowest price might be but in the case of a spa- buy local -as the delivery and setup is not anything a beginner would want to do.

as for the warranties well they are worth nothing in this case. You may find in the fine print that the warranty is void if not installed by a professional dealer .